I set up my Prefab with a NetworkView-Component. When I look at the Objects of the Prefab in the Unity-Editor, they all have a NetworkViewId and Type "Scene", however when I start the Game the NetworkViewIDs of all Objects of that Prefab become 0 and the Type changes to 'Allocated'. Naturally no State-Synchronisation or RPCs work. Nothing appears in the Console either.
Does anybody know what is happening here? I would like to be more detailed but I have no idea what is happening here. I have other Prefabs with a NetworkView, but everything is working fine with them. I don't even know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong.
Wow, I just found the Solution for the Problem: The Objects that I had that problem with were in the Scene, before I gave the Prefab a NetworkView-Component. So after I deleted the Objects and put new Instances of them in the Scene it worked for the new Instances.
Why that problem happened now and not before (as I had another Prefab where that worked fine), I do not know, but the important thing is I now know what to do if that happens again. Thanks to whydoidoit and bunny83 for trying to help.
answered Jul 04 '12 at 06:16 PM