I am trying to setup Unity 3 + MonoDevelop. I selected the MonoDevelop beta build as external script editor and synced a MonoDevelop project. If I double click on a script it Unity opens MonoDevelop, but not the project. It also always opens Unitron as well. If I double click on a line in the console it jumps to the correct line in Unitron but doesn't do so in MonoDevelop. This is quite frustrating as it seems to work on my colleagues Mac. I'm on Mac and using Unity3.0b7 (editor and monodevelop). Is there anything else I'll need to do before this works?
I don't know if that's the problem, but exceptions are never good...
There shouldn't be any other setting, and it works for me on OSX. As recent as Beta 6 someone made a reference on the beta list to similar behavior and Unity forgetting that setting. I'd recommend you record some video of the problem, including you having set it to MonoDevelop, and file a bug.
answered Sep 10, 2010 at 07:57 AM
Have you tried re downloading and installing the version that comes with Unity3b7? I would try that.
After setting it to your default editor in Unity, delete all MonoDevelop related files in your project directory and run "Sync MonoDevelop Project" under the assets tab.
Hopefully rebuilding a fresh MonoDevelop peoject will fix it. Also check the MonoDevelop logs to see what happens after doing so.
answered Sep 14, 2010 at 09:08 PM
What's the name of the local copy of your MonoDevelop app?
answered Sep 13, 2010 at 07:56 AM
I'm experiencing similar behavior when MonoDevelop takes too long to start up (which happens not that frequently on my machine but sometimes, it does). It seems that Unity has some sort of timeout when it falls back to opening Unitron as it knows Unitron is always there (and starts quite quickly ;-) ).
Also, when MonoDevelop then finally starts, the project isn't opened.
However, when I already have MonoDevelop open when double clicking in Unity, everything works quite smoothly. So maybe that'll also do it for you?
EDIT: Hm ... while I can't reproduce your problem, I have an idea what might possibly solve it: You might have to delete the MonoDevelop-Cache. You'll find that in
What I just did was open the terminal, and then
(you could probably do the same in the finder but I think the finder doesn't automatically display ".*"-files.)
Maybe that fixes your issue (and if not, you can easily revert).
I've been watching this question with some interest, as I recently started getting the same behavior.
I finally fixed it by removing all but one version of MonoDevelop from my hard-drive (I even emptied the trash.) Then I put the last copy in Applications- this worked! Then I realized what had occurred. MonoDevelop used to be a separate download, and I originally put it in my Applications folder. For the latest download it was included in the Unity folder, and I left it there without telling Unity the new location.
So make sure the latest version of MonoDevelop is where Unity expects it, wherever you browsed to it originally. Or better yet, go back to the Unity Preferences menu and point it to the new location in the Unity folder (which is where new versions are going to be from now on.)
If that doesn't fix it, you may need to remove any other versions from your hard drive and empty the trash.
answered Sep 18, 2010 at 09:31 PM