Hello UA people.
My frame rate isn't particularly low at the moment, but i am exporting to flash so want to optimize it as much as i possibly can.
Profiler is indicating that the below script is at 39.8% not sure exactly what these figures mean, but it surely can't be good.
Can anyone recommend alterations to this script that would be more efficient? It should be pretty straight forward to you guys, but if anything is unclear i'll happily explain.
I realise there is a lot in the update, but as far as i can figure there isn't any other way, but i'm sure i'm wrong! haha.
you aren't doing anything in an outrageously silly way. However, a couple of tips that might help:
1) use enums instead of strings to hold your state variable. E.G.
2) You should delegate the bullet destroying behaviour at the end of your shootStuff() method to the bullet itself. E.G create a new Script DestroyAfterDelay.js and attach it to your bullet prefab. In DestroyAfterDelay.js have:
or something along those lines
answered Apr 10 '12 at 03:18 AM
Use this just change the frameRate variable to whatever you want
if you go Edit > Project Settings > Time
it will give you three options:
Maximum Allowed Timestep
the fixed timestep will allow you to control the framerate and the maximum allowed timestep will allow you to set the maximum framerate.
Hope it helps
You might try deep profiling. It'll slow down your game while it's active, but it also provides a lot more information, specifically including nested function calls, which makes it much more useful for identifying hotspots.
Beyond that, I notice two things:
Looks like you're calling
Otherwise, I didn't notice anything obviously amiss, but it's easy to overlook problems. My main advice is still to check out deep profiling, and look for functions which seem to take more time than they ought to.
answered Apr 10 '12 at 02:16 AM